Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Biomes Nomenclature Cards for FREE :)

I surf the internet day and night for free stuff. I have downloaded so many activities from so many nice bloggers out there, so I have made something I would like to share with you all...well the very few of you all...if any at all? lol (also in case my computer crashes I can always find this file here! lol)

Our family has just joined Classical Conversations and we are super excited to have our daughter start her first grade year with other like minded families.

For our first week memory work I have tried putting together activities that are Classical and Montessori combined. There isn't a whole lot of stuff from the internet that I have found...yet. I could not find a set of Biome nomenclature cards that matched the memory work. I came across two websites that had something similar to what I needed (here and on montessori for everyone ...but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. So I decided to stay up late and make my own....so here it is, and it is yours to use as well! Enjoy! If you are not sure how to use nomenclature cards, don't worry it is super easy...here is a link that explains simply how to teach a three period lesson...and so on, enjoy! (Montessori print shop has a whole bunch of free cards as well!)


Here is a nice and simple video on the background and the directions for giving a three period lesson when introducing new material.

P.S. If there is any typos, SORRY! Let me know and I will fix them :)

UPDATE: I JUST REALIZED THE ORIGINAL FILE WAS A PAGE FILE FOR MAC, SO I MADE IT A PDF

3 comments:

  1. I just wanted to tell you that I think these cards are great. We just finished up my daughter's 1st grade yr with CC - cycle2, but the next time we go through cycle 2, my younger daughter will be 4.5 yr old. These cards will be perfect for her. THANKS for putting this info into a 3-part card format. - Suzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your feed back! I plan on uploading more stuff soon! Sorry I took so long to respond, I mostly work off my phone and I couldn't figure out how to do it lol
      but thanks again! :)

      Delete