Sunday, July 21, 2013

LONG Road Trip Activities for the Toddler and the 5 year Old

We are embarking on a 14 hour journey from New York to Illinois!
This should be very interesting! I have searched the web for hours for activities to make for the kids to keep them busy! I remember taking trips down to Florida from New York and the main items in my mind that stuck out the most were; frozen yoohoo "chocolate milk", Madlibs, scary stories on audio tapes and our drawing pads. I also remember rarely ever using my seat belt and making the most comfortable bed on top of everyone's luggage in the back of our 1988 toyota camry station wagon, so dangerous. :) Ahh those were the days...too bad for my kids....they are going to be strapped down in a 5 point harness, snuggly fitting three across in the back of our pathfinder.

So to keep them busy I have created and gathered a lot of cool things! They better like it, because if they don't...I will be very sad :(
Below are some links to all of the cool things that I have searched HOURS for.

STATE LICENSE PLATE GAME

FILE FOLDER FUN! (this links to an ASL file folder, but there are so many more! for FREE! Awesome!

TRAFFIC SIGNS PACK....YOU CAN EASILY MAKE THIS INTO A FILE FOLDER

LOTS OF COOL IDEAS HERE @ DIY Home Sweet Home

Many More activities and ideas here @ 123homeschool4me

And to throw a little Montessori in the mix, I downloaded some FREE farm animals and Color sorting nomenclature cards from the Helpful Garden. Thank you!

And don't forget Confessions of a Homeschooler, she has an awesome curriculum of the United States. I plan on printing the states we will be passing through to learn from interesting info and have my 5 year old complete.

Now to make all of this stuff car ready I am getting creative (well sort of) with the items below...


So I will be posting pictures of my creations next!
Leave a comment below if you have any ideas or other links to share or responses...also so I know people are actually reading this stuff! hehe Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment